An economically transformed agricultural sector including agro-processing and sustainable environmental management
for healthy, food secure, developed rural and urban communities in Gauteng.
To radically modernize and transform agriculture, environment and rural development by:
• Promoting environmental protection and management;
• Expanding access to agricultural opportunities;
• Expand the agro-processing and marketing support;
• Maximising food security;
• Up-scaling rural development;
• Promoting the One Health System; and
• Supporting sustainable livelihoods and communities
The mandate of the department is derived from the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa:
• Ensuring an environment that supports human well-being;
• Conservation of the environment;
• Provision of sufficient food and water;
• Animal disease control, management of abattoirs; and
• Provision of veterinary services in the province.
The Estimates of Provincial Revenue and Expenditure (EPRE) sets out the detailed spending plans of each government department for the coming year.
National Treasury, departments and commitees are busy with different things depending on the time of year:
Interested in finding out how the South African budget process works? Learn about the budget process, how it relates to our constitution and the role that it plays in a modern d...
The South African Constitution has several provisions that support people’s participation in areas of democratic governance. One such area of participation is in the allocation ...