A radically transformed, modernised and re-industrialised economy in Gauteng, manifesting decent work, economic
inclusion and equity.
The mission of the Department of Economic Development in quest of its vision is to:
• Ensure radical transformation, modernisation and re-industrialisation of the Gauteng economy;
• Provide an enabling policy and legislative environment for equitable economic growth and development;
• Develop and implement programmes and projects that will:
• Revitalise Gauteng’s township economies;
• Build new smart, green, knowledge-based economy and industries;
• Ensure decent employment and inclusion in key economic sectors;
• Facilitate radical economic transformation, modernisation and re-industrialisation;
• Include the marginalised sectors of women, youth and persons with disabilities in mainstream economic activities;
• Establish appropriate partnerships for delivery and ensure the DED effectively delivers on its mandate
The key cross-cutting principles and outcomes that will underpin the programmes and projects of all the three objectives
• Promoting smart and green industrial and socio-economic development;
• Creating decent work and reducing levels of unemployment;
• Contributing to an increase in Gross Domestic Product (GDP);
• Making the economy inclusive (reversing monopoly capital’s domination);
• Applying smart and green technology and processes;
• Mainstreaming the participation of the marginalised sectors of women, youth and persons with disabilities;
• Developing an appropriately skilled labour force and private sector (SMME’s, co-operatives and emerging businesses) to
meet and grow the economy and work in the key sectors; and
• Ensuring environmental sustainability.
The Estimates of Provincial Revenue and Expenditure (EPRE) sets out the detailed spending plans of each government department for the coming year.
National Treasury, departments and commitees are busy with different things depending on the time of year:
Interested in finding out how the South African budget process works? Learn about the budget process, how it relates to our constitution and the role that it plays in a modern d...
The South African Constitution has several provisions that support people’s participation in areas of democratic governance. One such area of participation is in the allocation ...