Daily we provide high-quality, efficient and accessible healthcare to transform people’s lives.
Create an effective public health system in Gauteng by ensuring we have the right people, skills, systems and equipment
to provide the care our patients need to live healthy, quality lives.
• Provision of primary health care services through the district health system. A network of provincial clinics and
community health centres provides ambulatory care administered by doctors, nurses and other professionals; local
government clinics are subsidised to render primary care services;
• Provision of ambulance (emergency) services and planned patient transport throughout the province;
• Rendering secondary health care services through regional hospitals providing out- and in-patient care at general
• Provision of specialised in-patient care for psychiatric and infectious diseases, and some TB and chronic psychiatric
services on an outsourced basis;
• Provision of in-patient and out-patient academic health care services through the central, tertiary and dental hospitals,
in addition to the teaching that takes place at other service levels; training of future health care professionals in health
sciences faculties and nursing colleges; and
• Delivering of forensic pathology services and clinical-medico legal services.
The Estimates of Provincial Revenue and Expenditure (EPRE) sets out the detailed spending plans of each government department for the coming year.
National Treasury, departments and commitees are busy with different things depending on the time of year: