Leadership for an integrated city-region, characterised by social cohesion and economic inclusion; the leading economy on
the continent, underpinned by sustainable socio-economic development.
In achieving its vision, the Office of the Premier (OoP) defines its mission (aim) as follows:
• Providing strategic leadership and direction to government and society;
• Ensuring the transformation and modernisation of the public service;
• Improving government performance and service delivery through enhanced planning, coordination, monitoring and
evaluation of government performance;
• Driving effective communication and stakeholder interfaces with communities and key sectors of society;
• Providing strategic and operational support in fulfilling constitutional and legal obligations;
• Actively advancing gender equality, women’s empowerment, youth development and the rights of people with
disabilities, older persons and military veterans; and
• Securing partnerships that support the development agenda, both domestic and foreign partners.
The Estimates of Provincial Revenue and Expenditure (EPRE) sets out the detailed spending plans of each government department for the coming year.
National Treasury, departments and commitees are busy with different things depending on the time of year:
Interested in finding out how the South African budget process works? Learn about the budget process, how it relates to our constitution and the role that it plays in a modern d...
The South African Constitution has several provisions that support people’s participation in areas of democratic governance. One such area of participation is in the allocation ...