A modern integrated, efficient and sustainable transport and road infrastructure system in Gauteng.
To facilitate and provide an integrated transport system that:
• Is reliable, accessible, safe and affordable;
• Promotes seamless mobility and social inclusion;
• Is environmentally sustainable; and
• Support industrialisation and radical socio-economic transformation.
• To contribute to the achievement of departmental outcomes;
• To develop and maintain a sustainable road infrastructure that contributes to increased economic growth and enhanced
quality of life in Gauteng;
• To develop a policy framework in support of a modern, integrated and intelligent transport system;
• To contribute to the regulation of transport-related carbon emissions;
• To contribute to environmental protection through green transport;
• To provide public transport infrastructure to promote integration and inter-modality of public transport;
• To regulate public transport operations through the issuing of operating licenses and permits;
• To regulate public transport operations through the registration of associations;
• To issue valid drivers’ licenses; and
• To issue valid vehicle licenses.
The Estimates of Provincial Revenue and Expenditure (EPRE) sets out the detailed spending plans of each government department for the coming year.
National Treasury, departments and commitees are busy with different things depending on the time of year:
Interested in finding out how the South African budget process works? Learn about the budget process, how it relates to our constitution and the role that it plays in a modern d...
The South African Constitution has several provisions that support people’s participation in areas of democratic governance. One such area of participation is in the allocation ...