Excellence in provisioning of innovative quality basic education
To deliver quality education in an innovative, effective and efficient way by giving maximum
monitoring and support to districts, circuits and schools, continuous development of educators
and officials, maximizing accountability, fostering community participation and governance in
education, ensuring equitable, efficient allocation and utilization of resources, striving for a
competent and motivated workforce.
• Delivery of quality education by ensuring functionality of schools and reduction of underperforming
• Improve capacity of the department to support delivery of quality education by ensuring that
management performance and compliance levels are rated from an average level of 2 to 4
on the MPAT Standards by 2019/20.
• Provide education in public ordinary and special schools.
• Support independent schools, promote a safe school environment.
• Improve HIV and AIDS awareness, and make available.
• Early Childhood Education (ECD) in Grade R.
• Offer training and support to all public education institutions Human Resource Development
(HRD) for educators and non-educators.
• Departmentally managed examination services.
• Overall management of the education system.
• Provide minimum food needed to learn effectively in primary schools to identified poor and
The Estimates of Provincial Revenue and Expenditure (EPRE) sets out the detailed spending plans of each government department for the coming year.
National Treasury, departments and commitees are busy with different things depending on the time of year:
Interested in finding out how the South African budget process works? Learn about the budget process, how it relates to our constitution and the role that it plays in a modern d...
The South African Constitution has several provisions that support people’s participation in areas of democratic governance. One such area of participation is in the allocation ...