A long and healthy life for people in Limpopo
The Department is committed to provide quality health care service that is accessible,
comprehensive, integrated, sustainable and affordable
The Department renders the following services:
• Primary health care (PHC) services including priority health programmes such as HIV and
AIDS, STI’s and TB control programme, mother and child and women’s health, nutrition,
prevention and control of disease.
• The district hospital service is rendered through the district health system.
• Emergency Medical Services are coordinated and managed throughout the province.
• Secondary health care services are rendered through regional hospitals that provide outpatient
and in-patient care at general specialist level; Specialised health care services
providing specialised in-patient care for psychiatric, and MDR tuberculosis services.
• Tertiary hospital services which combines highly specialised tertiary care with secondary
care including some primary health care patients with some referrals to step-down wards.
• Provide training for future health care professionals through nursing colleges/schools.
• Render clinical support services including allied services, pharmaceutical, laboratory services
and oral health services.
• These services are supported through financial management, human resource development
and management and support services (such as information systems, facility management,
supply chain management, medico-legal services and other non-personnel health services).
The Estimates of Provincial Revenue and Expenditure (EPRE) sets out the detailed spending plans of each government department for the coming year.
National Treasury, departments and commitees are busy with different things depending on the time of year: