A leader in the provision and management of provincial land, buildings and roads infrastructure.
Optimal utilization of resources in the provision and management of sustainable social and
economic infrastructure including implementation and coordination of Expanded Public Works
The core functions and responsibilities of this department are to:
• Facilitate and co-ordinate the provision of provincial government building infrastructure;
• Manage Provincial government land and buildings;
• Coordinate and implement the Expanded Public Works Programme and
• Comply with the requirements of Government Immovable Asset Management Act (GIAMA).
• Plan, Design, upgrade and maintain roads infrastructure.
The Estimates of Provincial Revenue and Expenditure (EPRE) sets out the detailed spending plans of each government department for the coming year.
National Treasury, departments and commitees are busy with different things depending on the time of year: